Sunday, December 03, 2006

Have you ever had the urge to ask

someone famous (either living or dead) a question. More often than not lately I am finding I would. And the person I would like to question is the world famous author, Mr. Fyodor Dostoesvsky. I would love to know how when he wrote his favorite work, THE IDIOT, he was able to use my Mother as his inspiration. You see, she hadn't even been thought of yet, and neither had my Grandparents. So how did he know to write about her.

The latest disasters were tonight. I made the mistake of letting her back around the stove, because she wanted to cook dinner. Thankfully, the meal was pre-made (it was a store bought pizza), but still, I have to know better than to let her anywhere near fire. She lit the oven fine and the pizza (with black olives and mushrooms added courtesy of my Mother---yes she's safer around sharp objects) cooked fine. The problem developed when she took the pizza out of the oven. She forgot to turn the oven off. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. Oh well, I suppose it could have been worse. The only way we found out about it was because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the rest of the house to warm up. See, our stove/oven is gas fired as is our furnace, so whenever the oven is used, it takes all the heat and the rest of the house gets cold.

The other problem is she is planning on going to visit our cousin in a remote area of this province. Well, they gave her instructions on what to do to get there (other than by driving), but she couldn't figure them out. It took me almost twenty minutes to get through to her by using my computer and internet connections (thank heavens for password protection) and show her the sites and what she needs to do to find her way.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. WHAT IS THIS FAMILY OF MINE GOING TO DO WITHOUT ME!!!!

More to come rest assured of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm sorry, Sis, but after what happened when I was there a few years ago, I can totally see this happening! And the mental picture is just too funny!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!