Wednesday, December 06, 2006

And yah, I forgot the best part...

On Monday, I decided to let Mom cook supper. Don't worry I was sous-chef, so all burners were turned off as we finished using them.

Well, she made Pasta Primivera (we actually didn't have all the ingredients we needed for the dish we were going to do, so we improvised). Well, she used our giant pot (normally used for corn on the cob or large amounts of mashed potatoes) to cook the pasta for three of us. No problem with using it, she just has a problem cleaning it. Mind you it only had water, a bit of salt, and a few drops of olive oil, so it wasn't overly dirty. So it sat until today when she tried sneaking it into the dishwasher. It fits but it causes a problem with the upper rack. So while she was out, I whipped it out of the dishwasher and within 3 minutes had it washed, rinsed, dried and put away.

Many of you may not know this, but I am a fan of the TV series "How Clean is Your House?" Well after the few cleaning mishaps we have had with Mother, I can just picture one of the stars of that show, namely Kim Woodburn taking a strip off my Mother up one side and down the other for some of her antics.

I truly feel if all Dictionaries, (not just for children) were Picture Dictionaries, you could find a picture of my Mother under the definition of sheer laziness.

And I haven't even mentioned, her spray painting job on our fridge.

That will be my next tale of disaster.

Until then, may I wish all of you a pleasant evening

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis, we've known for a long time, now, that mom isn't exactly "with it" most of the time. Secretly, I've wondered if maybe Gram accidentally dropped her on her head, or something, because I just can't figure how a woman her age is still living off her mother, or why she thinks you're her personal maid.

In her defense, though, at least she makes SOME effort around the house. It's not much, I know, and more often than not you have to clean up behind her, but at least she puts out SOME effort.

I really want to hear about this spray painting thing, Sis. I have the most hilarious visions running through my head, and I want them confirmed! LOL

Anonymous said...

Re: your comment on my blog about waking up:

Sis, I hear what you're saying, but at the same time, I have to ask this question: Who's to say that we're right and they're wrong? Maybe it's the other way around.

The point is, NO ONE has the right to impose their beliefs, culture, or anything else on anyone's country. Most certainly, starting a war over it is even more inexcusable.

Anonymous said...

So, what happened with the spray paint!? You gotta stop makin' me wait! LOLOL *hug*

Anonymous said...

So, when are you planning on telling the story of the spray paint? I've been waiting very, very patiently, here, to read it... :D