Saturday, November 17, 2007

Update on new brood part deux

Another one of the newest brood has gone to his new home. Funny thing is, I always thought that this one would be the easiest one to place. He's a friendly cat, who when called (we nicknamed him Bert) would come to me, crawl into my lap and onto my chest, settle down and go to sleep. He would also lick/wash my face and especially loved to do that, if I had coffee stains (don't ask).

Well, he met his new owner today and the two of them took to each other as though it was meant to be and I would say it was. The new owner had a proper traveling case for him and Bert went in and never made a sound.

As I have to come to realize, what we are doing is better for the cats. They are going to homes where they will be the center of attention, instead of staying here where they have to fight for every bit of attention they get.

And as a bonus, Bert's new owner has promised to call in a couple of weeks to let us know how he is settling in and doing in general. That says to me that Bert will be King of the Castle, and for me as an animal lover, it makes the goodbyes a lot easier.

Funny how with a good night's sleep these things always look better in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it's been pretty hard for you to do this, Shari. We get attached, and then, when the time comes to let go, it's really painful and it takes awhile to get over. Knowing the cats are going to good homes helps, though. And it's really great that Bert's new human family said they'll let you know how he's adjusting. I'm sure he'll be just fine, though.

Also, thanks for what you said at my journal. I'm sorry I haven't replied before now...